Subject: Re: [Leica] Korean police action photogs
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:05:20 -0800

I'm not much of a photo history buff but this jibes with what I
remember.  Back in 1951, and during the Korean War, I believe that the
Speed Graphics, Rollies, and some Leicas were among the top cameras
being used.  I was in Germany at the time so I bought the Rollie, and a
Linhof Super Technika 4X5 instead of a Speed Graphic. I wasn't thinking
35mm until later, when I bought the Leica IIIg.  It wasn't long after
that the Linhof was sold as MF and 35mm served just fine.

Ted in Olalla