Subject: [Leica] Korean police action photogs
From: pmjensen <pmjensen@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 02 11:53:59 -0800

Seth saeth:
>Now that I think about it, most of the front line photography
>during the Korean police action was shot with Leica IIIf's and the early
>Nikkor 50/1,4s.

Seth:
There's a neat photo by the late Werner Bischof of AT LEAST twenty Korean
action photogs (and at least one scribbler) in a rugby scrum (it's a
Where's Waldo? scene), titled: press photographers covering the war,
1951. Bischof has probably turned his back on some official to face the
reporters instead. Definitely not front line, maybe not even
representative. All manner of cameras: Rollei front and center, LTM,
Nikon thread (or is that Contax?), Speed Graphics with flash bulbs, 16mm
movie cameras with the big wind-up keys, etc. I don't know from lenses so
I'm no help there. Neat photo and chockablock with info for camera
historians. Can be found in MAGNUM DEGREES, page 57 (great diverse
collection of photography at a relatively low price, btw).

- --Peter (whose limitations require no statute)

Replies: Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com> (Re: [Leica] Korean police action photogs)