Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop playing
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:09:25 -0800

Wilfred VonDauster wrote:

> on 3/23/02 4:48 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@markrabiner.com wrote:
>
> > I used to dream about something like Photoshop before it came out in the 70's/
> > Photoshop is a boom for photography.
>
> I couldn't agree more. I've been using Photoshop since Version  2.0 and,
> frankly, couldn't do my job any more without it. The ability to spot and
> "de-scratch" chromes and negs once and be done with it is great. I've also
> restored countless old photos.
>
> However, as great as it is, I'm still not happy with the options for BW
> printing. Nothing matches a good chemical BW yet, IMO.
>
> Including Piezography.
>
> WIll von Dauster

I agree.
My new portfolio is consisting of darkroom prints primarily.
But There's a new semigloss paper which would fool anyone into thinking
it's a wet darkroom print.
I think Ted is using it.
If the new "borderless" papers which are Epson papers which come in 8x10
and 11x14 sizes were more available I'd perhaps do more inkjet.
As is I'm lucky now to have an ideal darkroom and i like to take
advantage of it. I may not have it forever.
Behind glass i don't think you can tell.
I thought the recent Salgado show was inkjet.  It turned out to be darkroom.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com