Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW week 12
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:22:52 -0800

Doug Herr wrote:

> on 3/24/02 8:33 AM, Eric at ericm@pobox.com wrote:
>

> > The dog in that picture is Skye, who is a Norwegian Elkhound.  Very closely
> > related to wolves.  One of the oldest breeds of domesticated dogs...they've
> > been around since 5000 BC.
> >

> FWIW, my experience with Norwegian Elkhounds is that they are a very gentle
> breed.  When the boof was younger our Sandy took all kinds of mistreatment
> from Kelsey, and never showed any sign of agressive behavior.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

My instincts tell me (and I'm a two time German Shepard owner) is no
harm would ever fall upon those children while those dogs were in the house.
I'm touched to see this.
Look at these dogs faces.
The protection of this child are the dogs first and only mission in life.
That's what I see at least.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com