Subject: Re: [Leica] This sucks -- possible summicron problem
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:22:01 -0800 (PST)

The misalignment of the square lens shade is a very
common problem. While Leica never have this problem
with the old round shades because it is symetrical,
but the square hoods requre very precise alignment
between the bayonet mount, lens and the shade. Any
deviation, while won't affect functionality, but for
sure is an eye-sore. I returned a 35 Cron back to a
Hong Kong dealer with exactly the same problem. He
showed Leica (HK) the lens and they declared it as
no-problem. Basically Leica does not want to rectify
it, but luckily the dealer took the extra effort and
replaced it for me anyway.
Karina, so after the runaround, and if Leica declare
it as normal, then you're out of luck and the only
recourse is whether the dealer will stand behind
after-sales service.