Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: CARE AND CAUTION!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:04:19 -0500

At 10:48 PM 3/13/02 -0800, Jim Brick wrote:
>Every year, tourists and other ocean neophytes lose their life along our
>California coast. I cannot tell you how many people I have warned, over the
>years. Families with kids, on the open coast, not watching the waves. They
>come in sets and rogue waves are a fact, not fiction, and are more
>prevalent than people think. They are usually responsible for folks being
>washed off the shore, never to be seen again. Sometimes all of the kids, or
>whole families.

AND that Pacific Ocean is mighty cold!  Folks used to the much more clement
Atlantic often misjudge just how chilly the water is on the Left Coast and
end up hypothermic.

I finished High School when my parents lived in Marin County.  I got caught
more than once by rogue waves -- but, then, I was a teen-ager and
impervrious ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!