Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW ???
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 07:03:17 +0100

I have had the same problem with Rob's site on occasion. It seems to be a
feature of Geocities. I have an account with them to, but dumped it for that
reason. As Ted says, the number of PAWs to look at is such that if any site
causes me problems like these (or has excessive amounts of Java applets and
other such garbage) then I will simply not go back to it.

As for the general issue of commenting, I look at virtually all the PAWs but
comment only when I have something to say that might be of wider interest.
If an image is particularly impressive and all I want to say is, "Great
shot!" then I do that off-list to the poster.

Nathan

Ted Bayer wrote:

> Rob:
>
> One problem I will mention is that several times when I have gone to
> your web site I could not get on because -- as is the case now -- I have
> not been able to get to it and have received the following message
> (which I just took off the site)
>
> Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
> The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data
> transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
> Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again
> later.
> http://www.geocities.com/radmelloruk/
>
> Frankly, I have so many e-mails that I won't take time to go back
> several more times in order to view your pictures.  I don't know about
> anyone else, but if this comes up, I just delete and go on my way.
>
> I know this sounds harsh, but most of us are busy with other things and
> can't spend an great deal of time on any one person's e-mails.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch