Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/1.4 vs 75/1.4
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:56:36 +0100

If you are getting rid of the Noctilux because of size and weight, then you will
not gain anything by switching to the 75. If it is to reduce your Leica
investment, then again the 75 will do much for you. Going to a Summilux will
accomplish those two objectives.

The only reason for switching from the Noctilux to the 75 is if you want a
longer lens.

Nathan

Ernest Nitka wrote:

> BUT I could use some advice about pros and cons of Summilux 50/1.4 v 75/1.4.
> I'm looking for the lens that can use wide open with relative ease of
> focusing on a .58 M    I am thinking of getting rid of my Noctilux and want
> something that will give me a pleasing out of focus area.  Any thoughts.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch