Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctlix Lens Hood out of alignment on new lens
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 08:03:58 -0800 (PST)

I had a same problem with the 35 ASPH cron. While a
round hood doesn't have this problem, but a square
hood requires that the notch on the hood and the lens
be coupled perfectly. Evidently there's a lot of these
problems. While as Leica users, we notice these
things, and yet when returned for rectifying, Leica
said its normal and within their tolerance. I wasn't
too happy about this because of the visual eye-sore.
But in my case, while Leica refused to do anything,
the dealer, out of good-faith, exchanged it for me.
Another point I want to make is that the dealer is
overseas (not a U.S. dealer), and yet stood behind the
aftersales service, while Leica itself arrogantly
ignored the issue.