Subject: [Leica] Re: Doesn't ALL Leica gear originate from a "Leica Authorized Dealer"????? - Was International warranty...
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 11:29:19 -0600

Dan:

>thereby bypassing
>Lisle-Kelco.  This camera is what I refer to as "gray market".  Maybe Solms
>will repair it, but I don't see why any local distributer would.

Because in the ideal company, the local distributer would get reimbursed by
Solms.  What's the point of chopping Leica up into smaller fractions?

You may come back and say they are separate entities, but at what cost?  The
customer's.  Like Austin points out, it's BS.  Barnes & Nobles is even
worse.  They treat their online division as being a separate company from
their regular stores.  I had a gift certificate to B&N.  Their online stores
wouldn't accept it because it had been bought from a real store.  That's
just bogus.  It's a way of excusing lousy customer service.

Leica is Leica is Leica.  Buy a Leica.  Get it repaired.  I can understand
that if Leica USA offers a warranty over and above the standard one, then
that extended warranty would only apply to officially imported Leicas so
that Leica USA gets its cut from each one.  But to charge for warranty work
just because you bought the camera from Leica instead of from Leica is
bogus.

Eric

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Doesn't ALL Leica gear originate from a "Leica Authorized Dealer"????? - Was International warranty...)
In reply to: Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (RE: [Leica] Doesn't ALL Leica gear originate from a "Leica Authorized Dealer"????? - Was International warranty...)