Subject: RE: [Leica] Doesn't ALL Leica gear originate from a "Leica Authorized Dealer"????? - Was International warranty...
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 11:46:29 -0500

If it was purchased from Lisle-kelco, then the warranty should be honoured
elsewhere.  That is part of the deal.  Basically it is a reciprical
agreement; Lisle-kelco will repair USA imported and officially bought goods
and in return the USA will repair cameras imported and bought through
official channels by Lisle-Kelco.  And similarly for all of the other
official distributers. But I have no business buying an M6 in the USA,
bringing it back to Canada, and then placing it, unopened, on a local
Canadian store shelf and selling it as a new camera  thereby bypassing
Lisle-Kelco.  This camera is what I refer to as "gray market".  Maybe Solms
will repair it, but I don't see why any local distributer would.

dan c.