Subject: [Leica] PAW - Adam's Week 9 - Hatrack
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 15:24:55 -0800

My contribution for the week 9 PAW is now up. I think, in general, I'm a bit out
of step with the tastes of the LUG judging from the near-universal silence
regarding the last three posts. Saying you DON'T like something is okay, you
know.

All comments are welcome.

I AM vexed, however, in the way the images display -- in general they all come
out much too light. hatrack should have virtually no detail in the black at all
and the rack itself should vanish into darkness at the bottom of the photo.

When I view the image with my Mac and use Photoshop or Preview (in OS X) the
darkness is retained. When I look with any of three different web browsers it's
like the gamma has been messed with. I am unable to account for why this is
happening and would like suggestions on how I might avoid it.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/hatrack.jpg>

There are two alternates:

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/still-life.jpg>

and