Subject: Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 07:44:43 -0500

>I wonder if the people who complain about the size of a R8 have
actually
>compared them to the pro level cameras of the competion.  A R8 with
motor
>is smaller and lighter than an EOS 1V with booster or a Nikon F5.

>Regards,

>Robert

Yes. They are too big for my hands too.

It seems like one way for Leica to differentiate its SLR line from other
pro camera is
for the bodies to be small, graceful and above all portable.  These are
all strengths of the M line, which is what the line Leica is most
associated with.  To me the R8 is an unattractive tank -  but one with a
nice
viewfinder.

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8)