Subject: Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 01:50:41 -0500

Hi Ted!

I think I confused you when I said "unattractive."  I probably should
have said "unappealing" instead. Looks don't come into it, which is just
as well because now that you mention it, it is ugly as well ;-)

All I mean is that the handling doesn't work for me.  I find it too
thick and I have to stretch my fingers uncomfortably just to hold it,
which is completely unlike my experience with my Ms.   As you find the
handling of the R8 perfect you obviously have much bigger hands than
mine.  Therefore, you should pass on those uncomfortably small and
fiddly M6s to me where they will receive the love they deserve. I'll
even pay postage. :-)

Canon used to have interchangable handgrips of varying sizes for their
early EOS models.  Do they still do that?  Seems like that might have
been a great solution for Leica. That way you could make the R-8 either
skinny or thick depending on the size of the photographer's hams.

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8)