Subject: Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 16:54:14 -0500

And Ted wrote:

>I wasn't aware of this but I don't think it could be done with the R8
due to
>the batteries inside the handle.

Hi agan Ted.

I wasn't thinking so much about a retrofittable (is this a word?)
solution so much as something they might have thought about for the R-8,
or could incorporate into an "R-9."

I have a feeling that the next Leica SLR will be slimmer, but that may
just exchange one group of disgruntled customers for another. Designing
it from the get-go so the user can adjust the ergonomics is my
suggestion to avoid that and at the same time enhance functionality for
as large a group as possible.

Simon Stevens