Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: A Joke ! NEW TWIST! ;-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:21:24 -0800

Seth wrote:
>>my first Ranger game. Thereafter, I rooted for the NY Rangers through the
> next 47 of their  54 years of futility, until they finally won the Cup in
> 1994. In fact, I was at the first Ranger game at the "new" Madison Square
> Garden - 1966 I think - with my Leica IIIf and a 127mm Leitz/NY Wollensak
> with which I photographed the first face-off. Only once got to the Forum
> see one of the most graceful joueuers ever I ever saw, Jean Beliveau, play
> pour les Habitants.<<<<<

Now that's what I call a devoted hockey fan! :-) And I do believe New York
beat Vancouver Canucks for the 1994 Stanley Cup, which inturn created some
pretty wild rioting in the streets of Vancouver. :-(

I wont go into that stupidity as it may tarnish the Canadian image of quiet
gentle folks living in the snow and forests of the northern part of North
America. :-)

However, we are known as a devout group of leica users! ;-)

>>Only once got to the Forum to see one of the most graceful joueuers ever I
ever saw, Jean Beliveau, play pour les Habitants.<<<<<

Yes a magnificent human being on and off the ice. He was the epitome of
"smooth on ice!"  And his grace in skating was recorded many times with the
camera of my choice that worked as smoothly as Beliveau... the leica. :-)

>>> Also recall watching the Allouettes in a Grey Cup match a good many
years ago.<<<

Now without question that makes you a member of a rare group of American's,
as that makes you an Honourary Canadian! ;-) As you've seen the Canadian
game of hockey and our game of football. 3 downs, shorter field etc etc.

Oh never mind, it'll get too confusing for our international LUG types who
have no idea of what the hell we're talking about. ;-)

But then I'll finish off with, I've shot football using SL Mot's, SL 2's,
R4's, R7's and once with R8's. Motors on all cameras and lenses from 28 up
to 560's! And a few times with zoom lenses to shoot those kind of exploding
images when zooming at the action. Quite wild effect the first couple times
but wears thin very quickly for effect.

And some with M4's and M6's for the wide shot when the receiver is almost on
top of you on the side line and the longs don't cut it.
ted

www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant