Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: A Joke ! NEW TWIST! ;-)
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:58:04 EST

In a message dated 2/15/02 10:44:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:

> Seth old chap,
>  If I should be so bold as to correct your comment. The "Montreal
Allouettes"
>  were the football team of Montreal, or were at the time. ;-) And Patek was
>  an old-time Czech-Ukrainian Leica using hockey player of the Montreal
>  Maroons! ;-)
>
>  It was always quite a scene when he sat in the penalty box after head
>  clobbering unfortunate Boston Bruin or Detroit Red Wing hockey players,
>  hanging over the boards and shooting Leica fashioned prized action
pictures!
>  ;-)
>
>  As I recall he couldn't play hockey worth a damn, but he sure was one hell
>  of a good Leica photographer. ;-)
>  ted

Ted, dear friend:

I've been watching NHL hockey since 1947 when a kookie high school buddy and
hockey nut lured me to skip school for a day and steal into New York to watch
my first Ranger game. Thereafter, I rooted for the NY Rangers through the
next 47 of their  54 years of futility, until they foinally won the Cup in
1994. In fact, I was at the first Ranger game at the "new" Madison Square
Garden - 1966 I think - with my Leica IIIf and a 127mm Leitz/NY Wollensak
with which I photographed the first face-off. Only once got to the Forum to
see one of the most graceful joueuers ever I ever saw, Jean Beliveau, play
pour les Habitants.

Also recall watching the Allouettes in a Grey Cup match a good many years ago.

All in good fun. Czech it out!

Seth         LaK 9

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] RE: Re: A Joke ! NEW TWIST! ;-))