Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: A Joke ! NEW TWIST! ;-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:43:45 -0800

Seth Wrote:
>>> Patek was a well-known Czech hockey player who played 22 years for the >
Montreal Allouettes:-)<<<<

Seth old chap,
If I should be so bold as to correct your comment. The "Montreal Allouettes"
were the football team of Montreal, or were at the time. ;-) And Patek was
an old-time Czech-Ukrainian Leica using hockey player of the Montreal
Maroons! ;-)

It was always quite a scene when he sat in the penalty box after head
clobbering unfortunate Boston Bruin or Detroit Red Wing hockey players,
hanging over the boards and shooting Leica fashioned prized action pictures!
;-)

As I recall he couldn't play hockey worth a damn, but he sure was one hell
of a good Leica photographer. ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant