Subject: Re: [Leica] Old Hassy lens
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:32:38 -0500

Doug Nygren wrote:

> The other day I looked at an older 70s vintage 50 mm Zeiss lens for a
> Hasselblad.
>
> How does this lens compare with the new FLE 50 mm.
>
> I use Leica M lenses of older vintage and like them, though I know their
> more recent versions are even better. For example, I enjoy my 21 mm M
> lens though I know the 21 asypherical is even better.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with the FLE lenses? What's it like to
> have to set the floating element? If one doesn't get the distance right,
> what happens to the image you take? It's clear that this lens, let alone
> the camera itself, is not great for street photography.

First off, you should send this to the HUG mailing list, they are very
helpful on HUG.  I shoot Blad, as well as Leica.  Hasselblad added an
asterisk to the name of their lens when they started added multicoating
technology.  The only issue that I know of with the older lens is they
don't have the contract of the newer.  The FLE also has electonic
contacts for the new bodies.

I might be off a bit, I am no where near a Blad expect, go ask folks on
HUG to make sure.

Sam Carleton