Subject: [Leica] Old Hassy lens
From: Doug Nygren <dnygr@cshore.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 08:26:19 -0500

The other day I looked at an older 70s vintage 50 mm Zeiss lens for a
Hasselblad.

How does this lens compare with the new FLE 50 mm.

I use Leica M lenses of older vintage and like them, though I know their
more recent versions are even better. For example, I enjoy my 21 mm M
lens though I know the 21 asypherical is even better.

Does anyone have any experience with the FLE lenses? What's it like to
have to set the floating element? If one doesn't get the distance right,
what happens to the image you take? It's clear that this lens, let alone
the camera itself, is not great for street photography.

Thanks

doug nygren

Replies: Reply from Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com> (Re: [Leica] Old Hassy lens)