Subject: Re: [Leica] Fedex film to Paris?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 14:16:17 -0800

Hi Robert,
Save a ton of time and unnecessary questioning and fed exp and all the other
stuff.

Take all your film out of cassettes in freezer bags, carry it on the plane.
Simple, done it a thousand times and nothing ever happens and you have all
your film with you going and coming home.

When you get to security throw the camera bag and film bags on the belt and
it's wham bam it's all through the "hand bag scanner" and  you're on the way
to the plane!

You're not throwing money away on all this fed exp BS and their horrendous
charges, you're not having to worry about weird custom people in either
country, besides I don't imagine your taking 2-3 hundred rolls of film.

And it doesn't matter how you carry your film, as long as without question:
"you do not put any film in checked luggage!" or the chances are it'll be
fried in the suitcase.

I'd sure take the 15mm, because trust me, if you don't you'll be kicking
your butt for sure. I used mine there every day I was shooting and that was
"everyday!" ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant