Subject: [Leica] Re: Is it now a ? for Ted
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:57:49 -0800

From: Ted Grant
> So it infuriates me when I see the same stupid mistakes made over and over
> again by people who supposedly read, and one would think learn . . .

Some fine comments, Ted, and a real unfortunate reality concerning so many
photos which ignore the most basic rules found in any beginning photography
book. Yes, you can *break* the rules sometimes, but only after you've
*learned* the rules.

I once had a photographer's job for the local TV station (along with a half
dozen other jobs at the small town station). The production manager wanted
to do some film commercials, told me where the Bolex 16mm was and said we
would be flying down to Ft Bragg, CA to shoot the next day. So I bought
Kodak's "Movie Making Made Simple", read it at lunch time along with the
Bolex manual, and then applied the three or four basic rules of filming from
the book. Everyone loved the film and we made it into several commercials.
And the rules were really easy. Most all of the home video and even some of
the news video you see these days violate EVERY simple rule in the book.

It's amazing how much you can learn about photography when you READ THE
BOOK!

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger

Message from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Is it me or ....)