Subject: [Leica] Re: GeeBee PAW4
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:55:57 -0600

Graham:

>http://geebeespaw.users.btopenworld.com/

I like alt #3 the best.

Your main image doesn't do anything for me.  I understand that the thought
of approaching people makes you quite nervous, but doing candid "street"
photography from afar just doesn't cut it.

Same with alt #1.  You're not close enough.  You're back in your comfort
zone, and that shows in your images.  Get closer.

Alt #2 shows promise.  But again, you're not close enough.  The "story"
seems to be about the guy pushing the carts.  What do the cars in the
parking lot contribute to the image?  How does the pole help?  If it doesn't
make the image stronger, get rid of it.  By getting closer.  :)

Which brings me to alt #3.  I'd like to see you shoot a whole roll or more
from various views of this.  Obviously, some lady isn't going to stand there
while you do this.  But maybe other customers will come along, too.  :)  The
trees in the background do nothing for me.  I might try a slightly higher
angle so you could easily shoot without including them.  Or maybe a shot
where you're lying on the ground and lookup up into the lady's face.  I bet
that would take you out of your comfort zone!  :)

Eric