Subject: Re: [Leica] Posting First Pictures...sharpen/
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:15:59 -0600

Ted,

Yes, the book is correct in saying you only need to scan at 80 for computer
monitor resolution but I've found that my results are better if I scan high
(150-300 dpi) then downsample in Photoshop.

The reason this gives better image quality is because there is more
information coming in on the scan...300 dpi of info vs. 80 dpi. I do all my
fixing up to the image then downsize it to 75.

If you don't have any image editing software then I'd keep doing as you are
and scan at 80.

I don't know how deep you want to get into all this digital fun but you
might keep your eyes out for a copy of Photoshop LE which is a great program
with many of the features of the full Photoshop at a fraction of the cost. I
have several friends who use it and it meets all their scanning, web and
digital photo needs.

Keep at it and have fun......
Lea