Subject: [Leica] Leica M f2/35mm Summicron pre-asph
From: "E. Lo" <numberone@ismart.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:37:46 +0800

Hi,

Recently I acquired a Leica M f2/35mm Summicron pre-asph.  Comparing
with other M lens in my collection the focusing ring on this one feels
very tight, like a fluid pan head set to high resistance.

Could aged lubricant or lubricant+dirt be the cause ?  What is the best
thing to do about this ?
On the barrel there don't seem to be any sign of it having received a
major impact so as to deform the focusing ring.

The serial n. of this lens is 3396XXX, supposedly made around 1986.
Previously a  fellow LUGer had kindly told me that this is the 4th
version.  Do all lens in this category have tough fousing rings?

Thank you in advance.
Ed. Lo