Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:27:43 -0800

At 9:56 AM -0800 1/20/02, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>I find it very interesting that my to me that my seemingly obvious idea
>that maybe we should occasionally try to go beyond our family
>photography is shot down by everyone including Henning and Ted and other
>pros and serious photographers.
>And one single person comes to the support of the idea! Not one!
>I thought i had some clue as to what the hell is going on but maybe i don't!
>I somehow got the illusion that most of us here on the LUG strive for
>something that somehow headed in the direction of something resembling
>occasional serious photography. And that such an endeavor was to be
>encouraged!
>
>Mark Rabiner

I agree with you. We should definitely strive for something
resembling serious photography at times. We should also strive to
improve our family photography, rock, tree or building photography or
whatever.

I just feel that we should not try to shut down someone who wishes to
stay in the area of family photography, whether partially or
completely. It can not only be very rewarding, but can also be high
quality. And at times, family photography can be very serious.

The main thing is that we shoot, and that we try to improve. I don't
think the subject matter is the most important thing, as long as it
is important to us as the photographer.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design