Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:03:05 -0500

Eric, Lea is right, don't stop photographing your daughter. Photograph
what interests you - you are creating photographs for yourself and your family.

From the prints you have shown, you might actually be overly reluctant
to impose more upon the subjects. Have your camera with you as much as
possible, get pictures of the baby nursing, crying, getting a bath, and
your wife holding her. Daily life. "A Weekend in the Life..." (see B.D.
Colen's website, a-day-in-our-life.com).

Try Fuji Neopan 1600 developed 1:3 in Xtol - it will extend your indoor,
non-flash range and allows beautiful 11x14 prints.

Get your wife to take pictures of you holding your baby! I made the
mistake of not doing this, and now have lots of pictures of my family,
but none of me with them.

You have twelve years, all different, in which to do this before your
daughter will likely not want to be seen with you, much less be seen
with you and your camera. Yes, this passes, but make the most of the
time in which she will gladly allow you to take her picture.

Jesse

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Eric's PAW)
Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Eric's PAW)