Subject: [Leica] Film survey
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:25:15 -0500

I do not believe there is a "best film" of any kind.

Film is part of our arsenal of available tools. A serious photographer should be
familiar with at least 5-10 currently available emulsions so that he/she can choose
the best one for the task at hand. In many situations, film selection is far more
important than camera or even lens selection choice.

Film is cheap too.

I keep stocks of K25 and K200 on hand for special occasions. I use E100SW  for snow.
Velvia for some things, Provia F for others. Colour negatives when the situation
demands [and the client agrees :-)] , b&w when I prefer.

This is really worthwhile testing and experiencing, for all of us. I LOVE Leica, of
all periods, but I respectfully urge some of you folks to get beyond the details of M
camera esoterica and explore the range of films out there. Your photos will benefit.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Film survey)
Reply from "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com> (Re: [Leica] Film survey)