Subject: Re: [Leica] Film survey
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:35:05 -0800

Emanuel Lowi wrote:
>>I use E100SW  for snow.<<<

Hi Emanuel,
The choice of E100SW for snow is an interesting choice as I'd have thought
it would create "warm looking magenta tinted snow?"

I'm a heavy duty user of 100SW and one day got caught with only that in
cameras and bag. Anyway there I was in this beautiful moody fog around the
harbour and fisherman's wharf so I just shot away without thinking about the
SW part... "saturated warm" and unfortunately all my beautiful, well Ok I
thought they were, ;-) neat fog images were Leica crisp alright, but the fog
was slightly pink. :-(

To say the least the next stop after the lab was to pick-up E100S for nice
clean whites in the next fog I came across.  So far nada! :-( But it'll
happen but I wont use E100SW. :-)

So how does it work in snow?
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited