Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 update
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:00:04 -0800 (PST)

Mark Rabiner wrote:

<snip> . . . I think he said the sync speed for nomal flash will stay
at 1/50. While it seems the battery less back up speeds are faster.
That being the case you can not use a regular flash with no batteries.
A weird deal. But we'll see. . . <snip>

It seems reasonable to me that the M7's back-up mechanical speed(s),
for batteryless operation, would not necessarily be the same as the
flash synch. speed. Why? Because the M6 TTL cannot be used for flash
without batteries and, presumably, the same TTL flash capabilities are
being retained in the M7. So it makes sense that the M7, too, would be
unable to fire a flashgun without batteries.

Regards,

=====
Ray