Subject: [Leica] Question re: Z2X
From: "Daniel L. Schmutter/Beth R. Stearns" <bethdan@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 00:08:47 -0500

Just joined the list, and I already have to confess that I am not a user
of Leica rangefinders (although at a party the other day a friend of
mine tried to convince me to sell all of my Nikon equipment and get an
M6, as he had recently done).

I do, however, have a question that I think could be answered by users
of Leica rangefinders (I hope).

Anyone on the list familiar with the Z2X point and shoot? I have a
Yashica T4 that I'm satisfied with optically, but I could use a P&S with
a zoom. I'm not expecting miracles from a P&S, but I was wondering if
the top quality of Leica optics carries through even at
the consumer priced P&S level. There are a lot of P&Ss out there and I'm
not particularly interested in something just middle of the road.

I need to stay in the $300 or less category for this particular
purchase, but I'd like to get the best optics I can in that price range.

One might expect that even for something as basic as a consumer priced
P&S, Leica would attempt to put something out there that is optically
top notch compared with the competition.

Does anyone know if the Z2X is anything special or is it just another
P&S that's not particularly better than the rest.

Thanks

Dan

Replies: Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] Question re: Z2X)