Subject: Re: [Leica] LS-4000
From: Daniele Coliva <dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:51:03 +0200

On Tue, 11 May 2010 12:42:24 +0200, you wrote:

>Today I have installed the LS-4000 scanner, replacing the LS-30. I am truly amazed by the excellent sharpness, and I am glad that I made this move!
>I have published two images at http://www.geocities.com/hanspahlen/test.htm
>just a portrait of yours truly and a detail enlargement.

I cannot find the link to your page Hans.
I recently bought that same scanner, in place of a LS2000, and I agree
with you: not only has resolution improved, but also the overall depth
of the picture and its atmosphere are much better. I guess it's
because of the 14 bit sampling.

Do you use any peculiar setting in Nikon Scan 3.1 or do you scan the
film without any correction, working on the image afterwards?

I personally use the second technique (Photoshop 6).

Regards,

Daniele Coliva
Bologna, Italia
dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it