Subject: Re: [Leica] OT/Paypal web site
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 14:13:55 -0800

Pablo,

The PayPal technique of putting a small amount of money into your account
and then asking you how much was put there is a way of proving that you are
who you say you are.

Once you can tell PayPal the amount of money that was put into your
account, they will then believe that you really are Pablo Kolodny, and they
will allow you to pick a PIN (or, sometimes, they will tell you the PIN).
The PIN does not appear in your bank account.

If you have tried this and it is not working, then perhaps you are telling
them in the wrong currency. I've never opened a PayPal account outside the
USA, and so the currrency in which I keep my bank account (US dollars) is
the same as the currrency that PayPal uses. Usually I see two deposits for
just a few pennies (most recent PayPal deposit was 17 cents and 5 cents).

Brian Reid