Subject: Re: [Leica] Trouble Subscribing to LUG Digest
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 13:14:07 -0800

> I am having trouble subscribing to the LUG Digest.
>
> When I send the subscribe request from my new email address Major Domo
> sends a response which refers to but does not include the authorization
> key (it's blank). Specifically it reads:
>
> subscribe leica-users digest
> **** **** must be authenticated.  To accomplish this, another request
> must be **** sent in with an authorization key, which has been sent to:
> **** 	digest

It thinks you are trying to subscribe someone named "digest", and it sent
the request for authorization to that person. Of course, there is no such
peson, so the mail bounced (back to me). It sent a message saying "Dear Mr
Digest, someone is trying to subscribe you to Leica Users. If this is what
you want, please respond by sending in the following authorization code."

The list is named "leica-users-digest" (note second hyphen).

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Trouble Subscribing to LUG Digest)