Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] Frugal for PAW...
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 23:18:42 -0500

John,

I take my Ilford XP2 Super to my local Wal-Mart C-41 lab.  In 20 minutes I
have a developed roll of negatives for $1.76 plus tax.  And they cut them
into strips at my request.  Then I use my film scanner.

I do not find this film very contrasty.  And I am told that XP2 Super
exhibits even less contrast if shot at an E.I. of 200.  It is also said to
be very useful at an E.I. of 800, but more contrasty.  As a fairly low
volume user, I have shot it only at 400 so far.  I believe it to be a cheap
and easy way to get some good quality B/W negative material.

The chances of a lethal scratch on your best shot are not very
strong--unless you are the guy for whom Murphy wrote his law :)

Good luck........enjoy your camera........have fun with it.  (Pardon the
preach.)

Julian