Subject: [Leica] Scanned Images for FOM2
From: John Amiet <jeapic@operamail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:28:58 +1100

sl wrote>
......also, since Alastair is hoping that FOM 2 will become a book it is
important that all RGB images be converted to CMYK. Otherwise when it gets
to the printer RGB will come out as 'low-rez' which means the printer will
have to do the converting, which means more time and cost.

Steve,
Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any guidelines, that is Do's & Don'ts re. converting RGB to CYMK
apropo images for Alastair? Is it just a matter of directly comverting in Photoshop. Do you have to check any
level and that sort of thing after converting? I think we should try to standardize our approach to this or Alastair
will be swamped with a real tin of worms.
Incidentally, I suggest we should send hardcopy images as well if at all possible. This should be the basis of the
ultimate exhibition. Digital images of course would be better for publishing any book.

My suggestion is: Send hardcopy + CD containing both jpeg & tif files.
More advice on CMYK conversions please anyone.
Cheers all,
JohnA

John Amiet
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA