Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanned Images for FOM2
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:09:31 -0500

> sl wrote>
> ......also, since Alastair is hoping that FOM 2 will become a book it is
> important that all RGB images be converted to CMYK. Otherwise when it gets
> to the printer RGB will come out as 'low-rez' which means the printer will
> have to do the converting, which means more time and cost.
>
> Steve,
> Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any guidelines, that is Do's &
> Don'ts re. converting RGB to CYMK

John,

This is very easy to do--in PhotoShop go to Image>mode then you will see RGB
checked, one level down is CMYK color, click on that. That's all you have to
do.

The reason for CMYK is you are doing a color separation for the press where
it will be printed. When a color image runs on a press there are 4 separate
aluminum plates each with a color.

And be sure to save your image in TIF

BTW John, I really enjoyed your images on the FOM2

sl