Subject: Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:08:51 -0800

Seth wrote:

> > I may be treading on toes here, but I cannot imagine a knowledgeable and
> > serious photographer owning the Noctilux and no other 50mm lens.<<<<

OOPS!  Damn Seth mon ami when you step on a senior citizens toes it hurts!
;-)  I did have a 1.5 50 Summilux for a short time after I purchased the
Noctilux, but I thought that was seriously stupid tying up the revenue in a
lens that sat on the shelf, so I sold.

Chalk me up as a one only 50mm f1.0 lens owner.  I've never bothered with
any other as it just never occurred to me to use a different one for other
subjects.

The Noctilux is my basic ride along lens and I've used it from heaven to
hell and back and it's served me well while producing some excellent frames
anytime I got it right.

So there you go eh?  I guess there's me and I'm not sure about Tina but I
think she works the Noctilux the same as I do. When you require a 50 it's
Noctilux all the way.

That's OK Seth, as I like to think I'm just a kindly old senior citizen
amateur photog anyway. ;-)

over to you guys. ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited