Subject: Re: [Leica] Briefcase (Point and Shoot)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:48:41 -0800

Mark Pope wrote:.
> Yes, I know It's a tool and a damn fine one at that, but I still feel
nervous about losing or damaging £2500 worth of gear in one hit.  I think it
was Kyle that said that once you have dinged your camera it doesn't seem to
matter after that - I haven't got there yet...<<<<

B.D. responded:
>>> So go get a screw driver or a cork screw, apply the point to the bottom
> of the baseplate, and scratch the damn thing! There! It's a tool. Now go
> have fun with it and stop worrying about it. :-)<<<<

Right on B.D.,  :-)

I think Mark could eliminate his anxiety attacks by using the camera with no
thought at all about what it cost, or he'll go around like a sweet little
old lady of 105 worrying about why she didn't die at 85!

He may understand and agree they are tools and excellent at that, but sooner
or later his M 6 is going to get a ding or scratch or worse..............
he'll drop it simply because he's in "overdrive protective mode!" And down
it'll go. Yep and he'll be devastated like any of us.

But the worse thing to do at anytime is to be over protective, because
that's when one creates their own accidents, as opposed to shooting away
having fun taking picture being as happy as a new born clam!

Then again, it's to each his own. But I might add Mark, that if you do have
an inadvertent accident due to being overly cautious we'll still give you
our sympathy.   But be prepared for a few solid tongue lashes for being too
protective. ;-)

Now go out, forget the damn cost and take pictures with nary a care in the
world and your photos will be wonderful. :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Briefcase (Point and Shoot))