Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-X vs. HP5+ at ISO 800
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:49:48 -0500

Oliver - I don't want to say that your friendly b&w custom processor
doesn't know what he's talking about, but it sure makes me wonder if he
even suggest that Tri-X doesn't push beautifully. I almost always shoot
with Tri-X, and almost always rate it at 800 - sometimes pushing it an
additional stop to 1600. While it certainly isn't ideal at 1600, it
gives perfectly acceptable results. And at 800, it's great.

While I realize it is hard to judge anything by scans on the web, you
can take a look at the work on my website, which was all shot on Tri-X
at 800 - http://www.a-day-in-our-life.com - or at http://www.ccapr.com,
for which I also did all the shooting on Tri-X at 800.

B. D.

haven't used HP5 in ages, but I do almost all my shooting with Tri-X,
and almost always rate it at 800. It pushes beautifully