Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions on the R8
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 18:36:27 -0800

><Snip>
> practice, Leica has only come out with a simple flash where there is no zoom
> reflector!!! Don't tell me of other brand of flash. I am talking here of
> Leica, its design and its marketing.
> Leica said the ROM are for future development. How long has these ROM been
> in existence? That is why I have not bought a single ROM lenses! Fortunately
> all the older lenses are compatible. Why pay more for features that I cannot
> use? If this ROM is of use then I am more than willing to buy the new
> generation of lenses. (Leica, see how you could have sold more lenses???)
>
> Don't get me wrong. I am a Leica fanatic. So much so, my daughter has become
> a fanatic as well. I love everything and anything on Leica.
> I am writing all the above good and bad points hoping that Leica can read
> that the fanatics are not blind. (I stopped buying Leica fotography because
> the views expressed there are 'blindly' fanatical.)
>
> Eng
>
> --

Well the flashes that say Leica on them are made by Metz so why not just
get a Metz and you'll not be having to pay two people.
Your ROM will know which lens it's got on which is really quite an
efficient feature.
But it should also know how far away you are focusing.
A flash system totally based on distance would be OK with me.
But when you're shooting something 2 feet away your program flash should
not have you set at F5.6 when it should be at F22.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com