Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions on the R8
From: Eng Yeo <farmboys@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 17:34:52 +1300

on 12/9/01 3:36 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@markrabiner.com wrote:

> Well the flashes that say Leica on them are made by Metz so why not just
> get a Metz and you'll not be having to pay two people.

Put it another way. The flash that Leica is willing to put its name on it
should at least have the zoom reflector features which Metz has.

> Your ROM will know which lens it's got on which is really quite an
> efficient feature.
> But it should also know how far away you are focusing.

Points taken.

> A flash system totally based on distance would be OK with me.
> But when you're shooting something 2 feet away your program flash should
> not have you set at F5.6 when it should be at F22.

Have you tried other modern dedicated flash with their respective cameras?
You don't have to set anything at all if you so wished.
In this area, Leica has become the 'also ran' (not even that) and does not
have that 'innovative spirit' it once had.

Thank you Mark for your response.

Eng

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Opinions on the R8)