Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe
From: "W Larsen" <wlarsen@almondmedia.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 13:00:12 -0800

Jeez, lighten up a bit Ted:

I think that the worst misake that camera designer made was
to put the "hot" shoe on the aux shoe....this set the
standard for flash as over the camera.  No modeling what so
ever.  Taking the flash off camera gives the photographer
some control.

My original M3 was used a lot for taking pixes with flash.
They were obligatory shots that were expected to be made in
a certain way.  Great photography or great art...no.  Kept
me my job though.   But none of them were done with the
flash directly over the lens...at least I had the
opportunity to do some modeling.

Both of us are old enough to remember that you do what you
have to to get the shot for the client.  If you have to use
flash, do it in the most attractive way.  And the M camera
is perfectly set-up for off the camera flash!

And if I wanted to use a point-and-shootie camera, I
would....except they don't have off-camera flash
capabilities.

Ted Gant writes:

> All this flash stuff on M camera's is quite amazing, when
you're talking
> about the finest available light camera/lenses around.
Hell if you can see
> it..you can shoot it!
>
> Besides why knock yourself out banging an M camera around
with a flash when

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe)
Message from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe)
Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe)