Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:Photo grad school.
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:12:58 EST

I was referring to the so-called "art" photographers who tend to exist close
to the academic world. Most people thankfully have never heard of them. A few
examples include: James Welling,  Richard Prince, Connie Hatch, Martha
Rosler, Louise Lawler, Sherrie Levine (famous for "rephotographing" Walker
Evans and Edward Weston), and yes,  the most dreadful of all, Cindy Sherman--
who thanks to luck and pluck has managed to escape from the academic  world.
I'm NOT talking about the Michael Kennas of this world, who really are
wonderful and produce beautiful images. .

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] OT:Photo grad school.)
Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] OT:Photo grad school.)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] OT:Photo grad school.)
Reply from "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com> (Re: [Leica] OT:Photo grad school.)