Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Moment (millenium) - keeps going, and going, and going....
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:08:37 -0500

> Date: 18 Nov 2001 07:05:15 -0800
> From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Moment (millenium) - keeps going, and going, and going....
> On Sun, 18 November 2001, "Aram Langhans" wrote:
>

>> Kodachrome.  I love it, but just to keep the LUG informed, I sent a mailer
>> to NJ on October 29 and have yet to receive it.  I called on Wednesday
>> (11/14) and was told it went out on Tuesday.  Still no slides.  I sent
>> another one in on 11/5 and they received it on 11/9.  So I know the mail
>> time to NJ from the west coast is not too bad.  I called again on Friday and
>> the second roll was still being processed.  What's with that?  They said
>> they have quite a backlog since 9/11.
>>

> Mine have also been extremely slow returning.  I expect them back in a MONTH.
>

>> I have to hunt for a local camera store that will take my mailer.
>

> My search has been fruitless.  Store gets billed anyway, something like that.
>

>> I have heard that will cut down on the delivery time to NJ, and maybe speed up the
>> processing.  Or switch to an E-6 film, but I got lots of K64 to shoot up and
>> I already paid for all those mailers.
>

> Northern California K14 processing is through the Hayward mini K-lab, which doesn't accept mailers.
>
> My choice boils down to either using the mailers I bought very inexpensively, or pay twice as much for local processing and shooting lots less film.  For now I'm stockpiling exposed rolls of film until I have several, then FedEx-ing the lot with mailers to NJ.
>

> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Have either of you checked out the A&I mailers available from B&H at a
reasonable price? My experience is that A&I Kodachrome processing is
better than Kodak in NJ at this point in terms of quality control.
Here's a link:

http://www01.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___168099___AIMS___REG___CatID=0___SID=EA76E68F000

Also, I notice that B&H still has Kodachrome 25 in stock. I'm going to lay

in another 50 rolls before it bites the dust.

BTW, I'm sure some of the delay has to do with the anthrax cleanup at
the post offices in NJ.

Regards,

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem          |         Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com         |         96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029        |         New York, NY 10014