Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - PayPal
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 08:56:02 -0500

Marc-
I feel like you do- the closest thing to a credit card I have, now that I am
retired, is an ATM card which is cheaper than buying a lot of checks (Now
that is a racket!)
I keep a small amount in my account, and have right now only the regular
one, so I guess I need to check into the recent changes, but what fees I
have been charged are relatively small- they deduct it from the incoming
money and it has never been as onerous or as troublesome as having to go to
the bank, wrangle an international money order and then wait for the snail
mail to get it there!!
The only downside is that when I see some delicious little Leica item I
simply cannot live without, it is so easy to just go to Paypal and buy it
immediately!!
I would imagine that since the account you have reteins a positive balance,
and that they now pay interest on money they retain, that you in effect have
a 'free checking' situation with them! Unfortunately, I don't leave mine in
there long enough!!! There is always some little goodie out there,
beckoning, and going, "BUY ME!"
Regards,
Dan