Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - PayPal
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 7 Nov 2001 08:26:58 -0800

On Tue, 06 November 2001, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> I will gladly provide my bank details to anyone who
> wants them. The only thing they can do with that information is to wire me
> money, which is just fine with me ;-)

A couple months ago someone got hold of my bank account number and had some fraudulent checks made up... wiped out my account, and then some.

Paying on those fradulent checks was the bank's fault, obviously, but it's quite a hassle to explain to merchants, mortgage holders, utilities, etc. why my legitimate checks were returned as unpayable, get overdraft charges reversed, and the rest of it.  Be careful with your bank info.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe