Subject: Re: [Leica] Ready to take the R plunge
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:28:19 +0100

Hi Simon,

I have the 4/35-70mm and it is an excellent lens. It is a real Leica, not a
rebadged Sigma.

As for the other lenses, I encourage you to get the 100mm Apo Macro. It is so
good that it justifies the R8 by itself. In response to your other email, you
can get 1:1 reproduction in various ways. With the 100mm I use the Elpro front
attachment; for the 60mm Macro I have an adapter which accomplishes the same
thing. The only reason I have two macro lenses is that the 60mm serves as a
normal lens on my Leicaflex SL (the 35-70 cannot play that role as it is a ROM
lens and hence does not fit on the SL).

Nathan