Subject: [Leica] Third Quarter Viewfinder
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:37:57 -0400

David Morton wrote:

"Frankly any M4-2 that's still going strong now either never had production
problems or has had them all fixed in the 20+ years it's been working."

I bought a near Mint looking M4-2 some months ago. It seemed a little finicky so I
sent it over to one of the illustrious Leica repair people oft-mentioned here. It
came back, after some work, with the message that the best that could be done had
been done. The camera, I was told, was a good example of the sub-standard fit and
finishing which characterized many M4-2 bodies. Without many parts being changed, it
could not be adjusted up to the standards of the earlier M cameras. Lesson learned. I
believe the M4-P is far better made.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal