Subject: [Leica] Third Quarter Viewfinder
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:19:48 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

"But Dick Gilcreast  was home like many of the people were in troubled times.
Last year he also knocked our socks off with his stupendous Kodachromes of the
new England countryside. Taken over decades of shooting. Can't beat that!
Turns out many of these LHSA people are not just one thing or another. A
collector or a shooter; mainly collector.
Plenty of these guys (and gals) have a nice balance of BOTH in their genetic
structure."

I can't agree more. What sounded like it would be n innocuous slide show was
STUNNING. Dick's New England portfolio was full of masterworks, really one of the
most impressive displays of photography I've seen at an LHSA meeting. I was mighty
envious.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal